At the Blue Hills Federation, we ensure that all children have the right to protection from all types of abuse. Everyone within our Federation has a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practice in a way that protects them.
This means that we will:
• Not tolerate the abuse of children. This includes never accepting and always challenging or
raising concerns about words or actions which downplay, justify, or promote abuse. This
applies to anyone who is part of, comes into or works with our school.
• Be child centred and ensure that we consider the best interests of children in everything
that we do.
• Ensure we provide a safe environment for children to learn, grow and develop and feel
able to raise any concerns they may have for themselves or others.
• Look out for and respond promptly and appropriately to all identified concerns, incidents or
allegations of abuse or neglect of a child.
• Ensure no child or group of children are treated less favourably by us than others.
• Be aware of and take extra positive actions that may be needed to safeguard and promote
the welfare of a child(ren) who we know are more vulnerable to experiencing abuse or
• Work in partnership with our children, their parents, carers, and other agencies.
Please read our Safeguarding policies below for further information.